Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Justins Hat

Picture
I've been trying to create a hat for Justin to wear.  I've never made a hat before,  so I went on a search for the perfect "beanie" type hat pattern.  Well, my first 3 tries with this pattern ended up being: A) Too BIG for a "typical 7lb baby" (If Justin's head is that big at 7lbs, LORD help me!)  B)  Too square at the top.  And, I used yarn that I thought would be unisex... Not so much. LOL  This is my first attempt at Justin's hat!  You'll have to excuse the "model".  My house is chock full of "boys" so no baby dolls here to model! LOL  I have no use for this, so I will be selling it... probably on Etsy. :)

Picture
Attempt #2

Used a blue yarn I found at the 99cent store.  Much better!  But, still too square on top!  Looks like a fisherman's hat! I ended up giving it to a teacher at Z's school who is due with a boy in September. :)

Picture
Attempt #3

Much better, used a yellow (Jonquil) yarn that actually matches a bib I knit for Justin.  Seems whenever I actually FOLLOW a pattern, things get wonky.  So, I decided to "loosly" follow a pattern. ;)

Picture
Picture
Here is the bib to match that I previously knit (one of my first knitting projects, I tend to crochet better than knit) with a crocheted edge. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment