Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Book Purse

I was reminded during a Cool2Craft show recently about recycling old books.  Watching PBS a few years ago, I saw a show where someone turned a old, hardback book into a purse!  Of course *I* had to try it.  Because every time I see someone make something I've never made, I have to try it!  I found the ONLY hardback book I had in the house, gutted it & started!  Fold & tuck your fave fab fabric & either hot glue (like I did) or use Aleene's® Tacky Glue® on the inside.  I found a tutorial here.  The only thing missing from my attempt at a book purse was a clasp.  Mine kept flopping open.  Next time I made one, I will be using some sort of clasp!
Picture
Here's my first attempt!

Picture
To decorate the front, I used a celtic stencil & used a silver sharpie!

Seeing these old photos, I'm going to have to attempt again!

Happy crafting (and reading!)

No comments:

Post a Comment